Family Law is an area of the law that deals with family-related matters and domestic relations and can incorporate a wide range of situations. From dissolving marriages to child custody rights, matters of family law are typically both emotionally charged and complex. It is therefore extremely important to retain a skilled legal team that you can trust and have confidence in.
I can help you with many areas of practice, including:
- Divorce: I have the experience to help you see clearly and make good decisions during the often emotional divorce process.
- Custody and parenting plans, child support and modifications: I can help make sure you get a parenting plan, child support or modification that first and foremost is in your child’s best interests.
- Restraining orders, protection orders, and no-contact orders: Safety is the most important concern here. I can help make sure you are kept safe with your protective court orders.
- CPS state actions against parental rights: I can defend you and help you wage the fight to get your children back.
- Administrative proceedings: I can defend you before the department of licensing, or defend you against accusations of elder abuse.
- Major crimes and felonies: The prosecution wants to charge you with the most significant crime possible; I can help defend you from these charges.
- Domestic violence: I can represent victims and alleged perpetrators of domestic violence, so I know the process from both sides.
- Sex crimes: Many people will assume you are guilty just because you have been charged; I can defend you from sex crimes allegations and defend your reputation.
- Federal crimes / conspiracies / VUSCA: Accusations involving violations of the Uniform Controlled Substance Act can be very dangerous. I can defend you and get you the resources you need to keep safe throughout the process.
- Expungements and restoration of firearms rights: I can help you clean up your record and defend your right to own a gun.